The Impact of Childhood Cancer
- Cancer is the #1 cause of death by disease in children.
- One child out of five who is diagnosed with cancer dies.
- Three out of five children suffer from long-term side effects.
- Each school day, 46 young people - that's two classrooms worth of children - are diagnosed with cancer in the U.S.
- More than 12,500 children are diagnosed with cancer each year and over 40,000 children and adolescents are currently being treated for childhood cancers.
- The average age of a child diagnosed with cancer is six years old.
Statistics from www.curesearch.org