Contact Us

Located in McMinnville's Plaza Shopping Center

1100 Smithville Highway, Suite 127A McMinnville, TN 37110 (931)473-7006

Visit us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/AshleysAtticMcMinnville

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Even though...


I saw this poem on Danielle Sliger's blog and really enjoyed it. So many times we forget how blessed we really are. I know this is a nice reminder for me so I thought I'd share it with all of you too.



.........



Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm rings,
thank you, Lord that I can hear...for there are many who are deaf.
Even though I keep, as long as possible, my eyes closed against the morning light,
thank you, Lord that I can see... for there are many who are blind.
Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising,
thank you, Lord that I have the strength to rise...for there are many who are bedridden.
Even though the first hour of my day is hectic when socks are lost,
toast is burned, tempers are short and children are so loud,
thank you, Lord for my family...for there are many who are lonely.
Even though our breakfast table never looks like the pictures in magazines,
and the menu is, at times, unbalanced,
thank you, Lord for the food we have...because there are so many who are hungry.
Even though the routine of my job is often monotonous,
thank you, Lord for the opportunity to work...for there are many who have no job.
Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day
and wish my circumstances were not so modest,
thank you, Lord..for life.
Author Unkown

No comments: