Contact Us

Located in McMinnville's Plaza Shopping Center

1100 Smithville Highway, Suite 127A McMinnville, TN 37110 (931)473-7006

Visit us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/AshleysAtticMcMinnville

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ashley and Seth Sittin' in a Tree...

Three years ago this evening I went on a first date with a guy that I wasn't sure was "my type".
And, really, he wasn't! We went to Opry Mills to see Memoirs of a Geisha, we ate at the food court Burger King (My idea, not his. He wanted to take me somewhere "fancy".), we held hands for a total of 5 seconds in the parking lot on the way to the car (we both thought the other pulled away and so neither of us tried it again that night!), we talked and talked and talked. But he still wasn't my type!
........................................
We were complete opposites! He was 11 years older than me so we obviously hung out in different circles. We kind of knew of each other...but we had never officially met until a few weeks before. He kind of drove me crazy with his "nice guy act" practically racing me to doors so that he could open them for me (and actually I found that it wasn't an act...he really IS that nice!). I drove him crazy with the fact that I was still a bit hung up on an ex-boyfriend (I get made fun of now for that). He liked sports A LOT...He had a weird work schedule...He had weird eating habits...I had a whole list of reasons that we wouldn't work out!
..........................................
But for some reason I just couldn't seem to make the decision to stop seeing him. We did like the same music...it turned out that I actually liked hockey...He was an MTSU alum so we had school to talk about...We were both artists (me with writing, him with graphics)...He made me LAUGH...something just kind of clicked with us.
.........................................
Well...after several months of "just seeing each other"...we got closer, we became best friends and very soon it was just him. Somehow the guy that wasn't my type became the only guy that I wanted to be with.
.....
So tonight we celebrate the 3rd anniversary of our first date. I ended up getting one of the good ones and I'm just so blessed to have him. Soon we'll have another anniversary to celebrate but I think this one will still be an important one even after getting married.
I love you Seth. Happy 3 years!

2 comments:

ellaandmommy said...

Bryan wasn't my type either. Sometimes God pushes us in another direction for a reason. Thank goodness! :) Congrats on the engagement and Happy New Year.

Ashley's Attic said...

Yup...that's the truth!